How coaching works
For 16 years, Life Coaching Melbourne has remained committed to making a significant, positive difference in the lives of the people of Melbourne and we take pride in attracting some of the best coaches for people like you who are seeking coaching for yourself or a loved one.
We have specific training and experience criteria that our coaches need to meet before they can become an LCM Team Member and start working with our clients. We continually assess and support our coaches so they can remain their best and continue to grow within themselves.
We appreciate how challenging it can be to get out of a rut on your own. You want and need the right coach, right? Sandy Ewing, Principal and Team Leader, with 17 years experience is your industry expert is well equipped to point you in the right direction of a suitable coach BEFORE you embark on such an important and life-changing program. You can be confident in knowing that you always have the Team Leader of LCM, Sandy Ewing there as a third party support and advisor, should you ever want to clarify something, give her an update or provide feedback. We love feedback! For testimonials and an understanding of what our clients have achieved, see our testimonials.
Our 1:1 coaching provides a framework that enables you to be your best and love your life. We are trained in forward thinking and take a solution focused approach to your personal growth and goal achievement. It empowers you to become your own self-coaching expert!
How we deliver our exceptional 1:1 coaching service:
- Our friendly Principal and Team Leader, Sandy Ewing will discuss your needs and goals and answer all your questions. She will also assess your suitability for coaching during this initial phone consultation.
- We use our own matching methodology, based on the information you provide and your personality.
- We arrange a suitable time and location for your Initial Face-to-Face Discovery and Strategy Session with the selected coach. Some clients need more strategy that discovery and vice-versa. Our coaches are happy to meet you in a coffee shop near you, come to your office, or some coaches have consulting rooms at different locations around Melbourne. Allow 1 to 1 1/2 hours for this all-important first session.
- Further coaching sessions and a “road map” will be mapped out to suit your needs, goals, personality, and budget by the conclusion of this first session.
- If you choose to proceed you will have a series of sessions (usually 4 or 5) which are 1 hour each, before a comprehensive review session. Your achievements will be marked off from the questionnaires and other tools used during the Discovery and Strategy Session. At that point, you might like to go away and further integrate the learnings and new skills into your life OR set new goals from the new perspective you have surely gained. Setting new goals from a new perspective is amazing. You will find it hard to look back and see the ‘old you’.
What happens at the Discovery and Strategy Session?
You have an opportunity to experience what it is like to be coached and to share your story (whatever you are comfortable with), your ideas and your dilemmas. During this insightful and inspiring session, you will find out how your coach can really help. The main aim of this initial consultation is to help you and your coach to clarify what you need to do to gain momentum and success with a personal or professional goal. Many people also turn to coaching because they are unsure what they want to do with their lives, careers, or both. We can help you find the direction you need and want to take, then map out the best way to get there. You can ask as many questions as you want and there is no such thing a silly question. Your coach will use our adaptation of a Wheel of Life tool to take a snapshot of where you are now in any area of your life. It is used to gain clarity, direction, awareness and to identify your priorities for better life-balance. Balance is key. You will walk away feeling uplifted with a plan to put into action, either with your coach or on your own.
Take the first step now and register your interest in a Discovery and Strategy Session .